Closing 2016: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Team
“The numbers never lie and there are no substitutes for hard work”
These are the words from Bruninho Barbosa, Monarchy MMA’s third degree Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black belt and Head Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor.
Hailing from Team Buda in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Bruninho migrated to Malaysia to join the Monarchy MMA team. His dream and personal challenge was to establish Malaysia as a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu hub in the greater Asia region. His goal was not only traditional Gi BJJ but also No-Gi submission BJJ and MMA.
He has become not only a well known instructor across the region but more importantly an outstanding leader and role model for his students (male, female, juvenile, kids, senior) .
2016 was Bruninho’s first full year in Malaysia and it is fair to say that Monarchy’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu record under his leadership is unsurpassed in Malaysia.
Because of Monarchy MMA’s outstanding record of success in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competition, and growth of the program, we are pleased to announce the arrival of a second 3rd degree black belt. Edson Vander, Bruninho’s childhood friend hailing from the same city and team, has joined Monarchy MMA Gym as another Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor. Monarchy MMA is the now the only gym in Malaysia with two 3rd degree black belts from the birthplace of the art.
In Bruninho’s own words: “We are finishing off 2016 even stronger than we finished 2015:
- Champion Overall Team Copa da Malásia Ranking GI 2016
- Champion Overall Team Copa da Malásia 4 GI 2016
- Champion Overall Team Copa da Malásia 4 NO-GI 2016
- Champion Overall Team Copa da Malásia 3 GI 2016
- Champion Overall Team Copa da Malásia 3 NO-GI 2016
- Champion Overall Team JB OPEN NO-GI 2016
- 2nd Place Overall Team Copa da Malásia Ranking NO-GI 2016
- 3rd Place Overall Team Copa da Malásia 2 2016
- 3rd Place* Overall Team JB OPEN GI 2016
Congratulations to all beloved students.
Thank you very much for making this possible.
This is yours."
Bruno Barbosa. Monarchy MMA Gym BJJ Head Coach.
We are ready and excited for 2017.
Check more about us just clicking in the link below: